6 Reasons why you should choose this SQL course
- Carefully designed curriculum teaching you everything in SQL that you will need for Data analysis in businesses
- Comprehensive – covers basics, advanced SQL statements, interview tips and performance tuning tips as well
- Business related examples and case studies
- Ample practice exercises because SQL requires practice
- Downloadable resources
- Your queries will be responded by the Instructor himself
A Verifiable Certificate of Completion is presented to all students who undertake this SQL course.
Why should you choose this course?
This is a complete tutorial on SQL which can be completed within a weekend. SQL is the most sought after skill for Data analysis roles in all the companies. So whether you want to start a career as a data scientist or just grow you data analysis skills, this course will cover everything you need to know to do that.
What makes us qualified to teach you?
The course is taught by Abhishek and Pukhraj. Instructors of the course have been teaching Data Science and Machine Learning for over a decade.
We are also the creators of some of the most popular online courses – with over 150,000 enrollments and thousands of 5-star reviews like these ones:
I had an awesome moment taking this course. It broaden my knowledge more on the power use of SQL as an analytical tools. Kudos to the instructor! – Sikiru
Very insightful, learning very nifty tricks and enough detail to make it stick in your mind. – Armand
Teaching our students is our job and we are committed to it. If you have any questions about the course content, practice sheet or anything related to any topic, you can always post a question in the course or send us a direct message.
Download Practice files, take Quizzes, and complete Assignments
With each lecture, there is a practice sheet attached for you to follow along. You can also take quizzes to check your understanding of concepts. Each section contains a practice assignment for you to practically implement your learning. Solution to Assignment is also shared so that you can review your performance.
By the end of this course, your confidence in using SQL will soar. You’ll have a thorough understanding of how to use SQL for Data analytics as a career opportunity.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I’ll see you in lesson 1!
Why learn SQL?
- SQL is the most universal and common used database language.It powers the most commonly used database engines like PostgreSQL, SQL Server, SQLite, and MySQL. Simply put,If you want to access databases then yes, you need to know SQL.
- It is not really difficult to learn SQL. SQL is not a programming language, it’s a query language. The primary objective where SQL was created was to give the possibility to common people get interested data from database. It is also an English like language so anyone who can use English at a basic level can write SQL query easily.
- SQL is one of the most sought-after skills by hiring employers.
- You can earn good money
How much time does it take to learn SQL?
SQL is easy but no one can determine the learning time it takes. It totally depends on you. The method we adopted to help you learn SQL quickly starts from the basics and takes you to advanced level within hours. You can follow the same, but remember you can learn nothing without practicing it. Practice is the only way to learn SQL quickly.
What are the steps I should follow to learn SQL?
- Start learning from the basics of SQL. The first 10 sections of the course cover the basics.
- Once done with the basic try your hands on advanced SQL. Next 10 sections cover Advanced topics
- Next few sections will cover help you with interviews and Vivas.
- Practice your learning on the exercise provided in every section.
What’s the difference between SQL and PostgreSQL?
SQL is a language. Specifically, the “Structured Query Language”
PostgreSQL is one of several database systems, or RDMS (Relational Database Management System). PostgresSQL is one of several RDMS’s, others of which are Oracle, Informix, MySQL, and MSQL.
All of these RDMSs use SQL as their language. Each of them have minor variations in the “dialect” of SQL that they use, but it’s all still SQL.
Which is better, PostgreSQL or MySQL?
Both are excellent products with unique strengths, and the choice is often a matter of personal preference.
PostgreSQL offers overall features for traditional database applications, while MySQL focuses on faster performance for Web-based applications.
Open source development will bring more features to subsequent releases of both databases.
Who uses these databases?
Here are a few examples of companies that use PostgreSQL: Apple, BioPharm, Etsy, IMDB, Macworld, Debian, Fujitsu, Red Hat, Sun Microsystem, Cisco, Skype.
What’s special about this course?
The course is created on the basis of three pillars of learning:
- Know (Study)
- Do (Practice)
- Review (Self feedback)
We have created a set of concise and comprehensive videos to teach you all the SQL related skills you will need in your professional career.
We also provide Exercises to complement the learning from the lecture video. These exercises are carefully designed to further clarify the concepts and help you with implementing the concepts on practical problems faced on-the-job.
Check if you have learnt the concepts by executing your code and analyzing the result set. Ask questions in the discussion board if you face any difficulty.
Apart from this, their is a bonus section which covers important topics from the view of job interviews and Vivas.
The Authors of this course have several years of corporate experience and hence have curated the course material keeping in mind the requirement of SQL in today’s corporate world.