- This is not a beginner course. You must be familiar with React, Redux, React Router, and Express
Note: This course assumes you’ve got the basics of React, Redux, and Express down. Check out my course ‘Node with React’, its the perfect preparation!
Go beyond the basics of React and Redux! This course will teach you to combine the ultra-popular React v16, Redux, React Router, and Express technologies to build a server-side-rendered web application.
All of my courses are ‘learn-by-doing’: no boring endless lectures with Powerpoints, only live, interactive coding examples. In this course we’ll build one application that profiles the challenges of server side rendering with React, Redux, React Router, and Express. By putting each concept into a real app, you’ll get a better idea of when to use each unique and powerful feature.
Ever wonder why there are so few courses online that teach server side rendering techniques? Sure, there are blog posts that show a tiny portion of a server side rendered app, but there are nearly no resources online to give you the full server side rendering experience from start to finish. This course is the most complete resource online for learning about exactly why server side rendering is so challenging. You’ll learn the biggest hurdles, along with multiple solutions to each major problem, giving you the toolset you need to tackle server side rendering techniques in your own applications.
Here’s what we’ll learn:
- Learn the architectural considerations of building a server side rendered app
- Connect a Webpack-powered front and and backend app together
- Communicate data from your server to client using Redux initial state to your React application
- Secure your application from common XSS attacks caused by state rehydration
- Understand how to route user requests on the front end with React Router and on the backend with Express
- Handle errors and redirects properly that occur during the server rendering process
- Authenticate your users with cookie-based authentication during the server rendering phase
- Understand why JWT’s are not appropriate for use in a server rendered app
- Enhance authentication flows in your app with Google OAuth authentication
I’ve built the course that I would have wanted to take when I was learning to build server side rendered apps. A course that explains the concepts and how they’re implemented in the best order for you to learn and deeply understand them.
Who is the target audience?
- Engineers looking to build new apps with server side rendering
Created by Stephen Grider
Last updated 12/2020
Size: 858.73 MB