The course provides you with a variety of grammar rules that enable you to read, write and form perfect English sentences. The course forms a great combination of grammar rules with examples. It takes you step by step from understanding the rule into applying examples that enhance your English language skills. We add weekly quizzes with model answers.English grammar tenses & structures, the ultimate course
The rules of grammar, punctuation, and style are often the things by which readers will judge your work. You may have original and insightful things to say, but your meaning will be lost if your sentences are riddled with errors, awkward phrasing, misplaced punctuation, and incorrectly used words.
What You Get in This Course
- **NEW** Receive a professional grammar and style critique of 500 words (about two pages double spaced) of your own writing!
- 20 video lectures that include on-screen examples and explanations.
- BONUS: The complete e-workbook “Just the Basics of English Grammar” for FREE. (A $14 value!)
- Practice worksheets with exercises and answers to check your own work.
Why This Course?
If you have found grammar and punctuation to be confusing or mysterious, then this course is for you. I have designed this course to cover the “must know” elements of grammar and punctuation with easy explanations that everyone can understand. Years ago I set out to find an affordable grammar resource for my students and made a startling discovery. There wasn’t one! I found that too many English courses and textbooks taught unnecessary information and technical terminology, confusing students more than helping them. The material seemed like it was made for English teachers and not English students. Also, the materials that were okay were unnecessarily expensive. That is why I wrote Just the Basics of English Grammar and produced the video course Grammar Boot Camp. I wanted to give my students simple, easy tools that would actually improve their writing at a low cost.
Having taught students at all levels for 15 years, I understand the pitfalls and points of confusion that give people trouble. The examples and explanations in this course are tested in the classroom and have proven the most effective in helping students understand the material and master the necessary skills.
Here are just a few of the skills you will learn in this course:
- The importance of sentence boundaries (correcting fragments and run-ons).
- How to avoid unnecessary shifts in tense and pronoun usage.
- How to write clear, to-the-point sentences, avoiding awkward and wordy phrasing.
- How to avoid faulty parallel structure (and what that even means).
- How to use the best words, especially verbs, to make your writing more powerful.
- When to use commas and other punctuation.
- How to use quotations and dialogue in your writing.
Here is a sampling of what students are saying about Grammar Boot Camp:
“I love the course. The information is clear and to the point.” – Ashley Navarra
“I found the content of this course very useful in my future writing.” -Chris Page
“Good content! This was a really great course. I learned a lot of new things . Thank you!!” – Phoebe Felix
“Excellent course!” Khaled Javed
“This is just the kind of thing I was looking for.” – Elizabeth
“English is my second language, so this is exactly what I needed to remind myself of grammar rules I had forgotten in order to improve my writing. This is also a great refresher if you are looking to take the GMAT.” – Winnie McCrea
“The course is very clear, simple and direct.” – Danielle Rodenroth
“Informative and friendly lectures. Great resources and worksheets.” – Kara McCleod
Let’s Get Started!
I can’t wait for you to join me in this journey to take your writing to the next level. Imagine what it will feel like to write with confidence rather than with that nagging doubt that you are doing it wrong. Writing is power. Language is power. I look forward to helping you strengthen your writing voice to become the writer you are capable of becoming.
Who this course is for:
- All levels