Algebra Made Easy with Math Minutes Pro is a course composed of “select” math topics that are typically covered in an Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus, and/or a College Algebra course. Algebra topics that are usually challenging for students have been included as a focus for this course.
This course can be used in the following ways: a) to supplement your current Algebra course, b) to prepare you to take an upcoming Algebra-related course, c) to help prepare for upcoming tests (end of year, college math placement test, GRE or GMAT, SAT/ACT, ISEE/SSAT, HSPT) d) to strengthen your algebraic thinking for advanced topics related to courses such as Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Data Science, Design Thinking, or Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Deep Learning.
All math videos are published by Math Minutes Pro. Dr. Chris Harrison is the creator of Math Minutes Pro and instructor for this course.
What’s Included In This Course
This course includes the following learning resources: math teaching videos, practice problems, math word problems, study resources, practice quizzes, and an End of Course Algebra Assessment with Key. The ultimate goal of this course is to help you become a confident, competent, and focused math learner.
You will get lifetime access to all lectures and their corresponding resources as described above. This Udemy course also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee! If you are not satisfied in any way with this course, you’ll get your money back.
My Philosophy of Math Education
I believe education is a path to a higher quality of life, a way of preparation for purposeful living, and a doorway to realizing dreams, addressing social dilemmas, and leaving a mark of excellence on the hearts and minds of present and future generations.
Math is hard when one does not understand math concepts, lack problem solving skills, and/or has little confidence in one’s math ability. With over 25 years in math education (i.e., classroom teaching, training other teachers, and researching math education for best practices and what works on student learning, pedagogy, and curriculum planning), I understand this reality fully.
Math is made easy when a person understands math concepts and how to apply problem solving strategies and techniques. In other words, confidence in math is a function of (or depends on) one’s competency in math. So, math is hard when you don’t understand it and math is easy when you do understand it. This is why I teach math for understanding. I always say, “You have not fully grasped math until you can do it and explain it.”
To this end, my goal is to help students develop their math proficiency according to the following 3 Phases of Math Understanding:
– Math Sentences: expressions and equations
– Word Sentences: building math literacy (or verbally speaking the language of mathematics)
– Picture or Model: modeling math concepts and real-life situations, graphic organizers (graphs, charts, and diagrams) and visualizing algorithmic thinking
Math is Life. Math is a reflection of life. We use math to represent and describe things that occur in life. Science is a way that we come to know and understand the world or natural phenomena. Hence, math and science go hand in hand because we use math to represent and describe the things we come to know through science.
My Motto – Math is Life and Life is Math! ~by Dr. Abdulalim A. Shabazz (Math Guru)
Algebra Made Easy with Math Minutes Pro is organized by the following:
- Section 1: Getting Started – Welcome, Overview, and Habits for Success in Algebra
- Welcome to Algebra Made Easy with Math Minutes Pro
- Course Overview
- Learning, Studying, Word Problems, and Test-Taking Tips
- Sections 2 – 5: Algebraic Problem Solving, Practice Problems, and Quizzes
- Integers, Expressions, Equations, and Operations
- Ratios, Proportions, and Percents
- Linear Functions, Formulas, and Graphs in a Coordinate Plane
- Write, Solve, and Graph Inequalities on a Number Line
- Absolute Value Equations
- System of Equations
- System of Inequalities
- The Pythagorean Theorem
- Adding and Multiplying Matrices
- Foundational Trigonometry (sine, cosine, and tangent)
- Law of Sines and Law of Cosines
- Arithmetic and Geometric sequences
- Scientific Notation
- Rules or Properties of Exponents
- Simplifying and Factoring Polynomials
- The Quadratic Formula
- Solving and Graphing Quadratics
- Square Root Expressions and Equations
- Rational Expressions and Equations
- Exponential Growth and Decay
- Introduction to Logarithms
- Section 6: Congratulations! You Completed the Algebra Made Easy with Math Minutes Pro Course
- Conclusion and Next Steps
Who this course is for:
- Middle school, high school, and college students enrolled in an Algebra-related course (e.g., Algebra 1, Algebra 2, or College Algebra)
- Homeschoolers and parents in need of extra support for teaching and learning Algebra-related courses
- Individuals who want to brush up on their Algebra skills
- Individuals who want to strengthen their algebraic thinking for advanced courses related to courses such as Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Python, Data Science, Design Thinking, or Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Deep Learning.
- Individuals who want to develop a mathematical and mental framework for computational thinking (i.e., decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction, and algorithm design)
Also Check:- [100%OFF]New SAT Math Course